If you have wondered how to go about re-mortgaging your property this section sets out the re-mortgaging process for your existing property:
- You decide to remortgage your existing property, either to raise capital or to take advantage of better lending terms – you need to instruct us to deal with the matter for you straightaway.
- We will arrange to satisfy ID/Money Laundering requirements.
- We will obtain Title Deeds and other relevant documents from your existing Lender.
- You will complete our mortgage questionnaire.
- We will liaise with your Mortgage Broker, if applicable.
- Your new lender will carry out a valuation and, if satisfied, will send you a Mortgage Offer – we will receive a copy of this together with instructions to act on behalf of the Lender.
- We will carry out all relevant searches unless search insurance is accepted by your new Lender.
- We will send the Mortgage Deed to you for signature. You will return this to us.
- We will obtain a redemption figure on your existing mortgage.
- We will submit a report to your new Lender confirming that all is in order and requesting the advance monies.
- When received we will pay off your existing Mortgage and account to you for any surplus funds.
- We will register your new Mortgage at HM Land Registry